Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Apple Bars

So after the applesauce making disaster, I got permission from our lovely dermatologist neighbor to pick her apples. I sent Chad and Elizabeth to pick 6, and only 6, apples. I thought I would try making a small batch of applesauce with these to see if it was truly the apples, or just me. Well, after much deliberation, I couldn't bring myself to try the sauce again. My favorite website is http://www.allrecipes.com/ and they always have the recipe of the day posted on the home page. Well today's recipe is Apple bars. They looked good so we gave them a try. They are fantastic, and only use about a 1/2 to one cup diced apples. I say that because I left out the nuts and increased the apples. Elizabeth was kind enough to help me with the pampered chef gadget, and Josiah was kind enough to stop riding the dog long enough for me to get these in the oven before lunch. I will post a link in case any of you are interested. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Apple-Squares/Detail.aspx Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Hey Jana! Glad to see you have joined the world of blogging. We had a similar incident with applesauce at our home. Ty was making it from the apples at his parents' farm. It was paste too at first, but somehow he managed to freeze 15
containers of it! Oh well, at least the kids eat it :)